I suggest replace old livecd Gentoo sysresccd-20161103-4.9.0.iso on https://www.funtoo.org/Install/Download_LiveCD to new LiveCD Funtoo Linux 1.3, created by Área31 Hackerspace.
Howto make your own LiveCD using Funtoo Linux using oficial stage3:
Get pre-release version:
- The LiveCD is based on Funtoo Linux, basically a system recovery disk, available as a bootable DVD or USB device to administer or repair your system after an accident. Your goal is to provide an easy way to perform administrative tasks on your computer, such as repairing, creating, and editing your hard disk partitions. It comes with a lot of Open Source software such as system tools (parted, partimage, photorec, foremost, dcfldd, ddrescue, hdparm, and others) and basic tools (editors, browsers, network tools). The LiveCD can be used for both Linux, Mac OS and Windows computers, as well as desktops or servers. This LiveCD does not require installation as it can be booted from a DVD drive or USB device. The kernel supports the most commonly used file systems (ext2 / ext3 / ext4, ReiserFS, Btrfs, XFS, JFS, VFAT, NTFS via ntfs-3g) as well as network file systems (Samba and NFS) encrypted (LUKS).
- OverlayFS instead of AUFS
- kernel sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-4.20.4
- VNC access port 5901 (password funtoo)
- SSH access port 22 (password root)